Friday, September 7, 2012

The end of something beautiful...

So today was my last day at Elk Creek Garden.  It's finally sinking in that I won't be waking up and gardening tomorrow.  Phill and Kevin helped us at the garden harvesting some food for deliveries.  Then we made some zucchini bread to take on the road.  Sara has been amazing and is sending us off with lots of vegetables.  I am going to miss her delicious food.  We spent the day at Crater Lake, then came home for my last dinner with Sara and Sherm.  It's all happening too fast.  I wish I could slow it down, because I feel rushed, even though I've had all summer.

I honestly can say that it has been one of the best, more amazing summers of my life.  The people I've met are some of the most beautiful people, in every way.  I've gotten to not only garden in a beautiful place, but I got to do it with one of the most interesting and inspiring people.  I came into this summer, with an idea of what I wanted to do with my life, but I'm now open to a lot more after my experiences here. I'm even at a loss of words now to fully describe my love and appreciation for this place.  It will always have a special place in my heart, and I will never forget Sara.  It was always a great time working with her and she has taught me so much.  We've had lots of laughs and good talks, and even some good silence when we were just working around the garden.  

No words or pictures could convey the experience I've had this summer.  I feel more connected to this world, and to people that I thought possible.  Here's to an unforgettable summer...




: ) Love

No comments:

Post a Comment