Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy, happy, happy

So this week has been much more intensive, with farming.  The reunion over, Sara and I really got back to work and caught up on weeds.  They're still fighting us, but that's life.  Every morning we work from about 8 to 12ish.  After lunch, I usually read a bit, or write, and then head back out on my own for a bit.  I feel really connected to the garden now and it's amazing.  I have been thinking about my future and what I really want to do.  Today, I sent an e-mail out to friends who I thought would be interested in my future plans.  And what is that?  I want to get a group of people together, hopefully, and purchase land to have a CSA, and more.  More of what?  Whatever we all can bring to the table.  One friend loves flowers...so we grow them and sell them?  We've got marketing majors...farmer's markets and such?  Arts and Crafts?  Yoga?  There are so many possibilities that is overwhelmingly awesome.  I want to bring so much talent and love together to create a place where people can come, experience, learn, grow, and change.  I'm not happy about where a lot of food in this country comes from...how do I change that?  I start with opting out of those options, and growing food myself...as much as possible.  I create a community, and contribute to communities, in order to spread that love for yourself, others, and the earth...that gives us so much.  I don't want to be a coward about my life's aspirations and dreams...I want to dive right into them, sink or swim.  Struggles are gonna be apart of it, I know that, but the journey is what matters.  And with people who want to do the same...it could really be awesome.  Already, one person really liked me email so hopefully the future brings great possibilities :)

Yesterday was a great day.  After harvesting and transplanting some baby lettuces, I had a yummy lunch and a great afternoon.  Steve came back from the fire in Montana so we played some badminton and then went to a swimming hole a few miles away.  We sat in the sun, had a beer, little something [ :) ], and talked for two hours.  We talked about life, and spirits, and so many cool things.  I realized how connected I am starting to feel with life.  We talked about my connection to my Grandpa, and I realized in the moment, how connected I really feel to spirits.  I don't know what happens when we die, but we don't just disappear..
I also realized that I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life.  I am finally doing what I love and it feels amazing.  It's a ridiculous adrenaline rush.  Afterwards, we went back home to do ceramics!  He showed me how, and then I made a bowl and cup...it was soo much fun and I think I'm pretty good at it!  I would like to experiment with it some more...especially learning how to glaze it after.  But the wheel was so much fun.  Then we had a great dinner, played a game of cribbage with him and Sara and then relaxed for the night.

Today, Sara and Sherm were off to a wedding party, so I worked in the garden, with the weeds, for about 2 1/2 hours.  Made myself an egg, onion, tomato, avocado sandwich with some cole slaw on the side.  Most things were from the garden :)  Now I have the afternoon to do whatever...I think I'll go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather and listen to the birds sing and trees talk :)

Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment