Friday, July 20, 2012

Past halfway through :/

So, as promised, I have some pictures to put up there.  Things have been normal here.  Another wwoofer came a few days ago..Lisa.  She is a really cool person, and I love her spirit.  Everybody gets along wonderfully and we've gotten a lot of work done in the past days.  Last night, Lisa and I made pierogies from scratch with various fillings...potatoes, potatoes and squash, mushroom and onion, and then dessert ones...boysenberry jam, and a cinnamon apple :)  The jam one was sooo good, especially with Ben and Jerry's ice cream.  Milk and cookies and Vanilla Heath Bar :) Loovee.

We did a bunch of harvesting today and transplanting like 30-40 Napa Cabbages.  I got to use the 4-wheeler to take the diseased or thorny scraps away to the fire pit..that was cool.  After egg and bean burritos for lunch, I read a bit on my hammock in the orchard..so beautiful, especially with Hobbes laying with me.  And then I started a book..not reading, but writing one.  I have tried it before and never get far, and who knows, maybe that will be the case again.  But it was really nice...I was writing on my laptop on the balcony and it was just beautiful.  I have a lot of time to write so maybe it will turn into something?  Then for dinner, Lisa and I made homemade pizza...with the following toppings from the garden: green bell pepper, tomatoes, zucchini, and tomato sauce.  Then we had some onions, shiitake mushrooms, olives, capers, feta cheeze, mozzarella cheese and some pepperoni.  We made four pizzas mixing a bunch of the stuff up, with the last one called, "The Kitchen Sink"...with all the scraps we had left.  It was reallly yummy but we made almost two pies extra!  There's tomorrow's lunch and dinner, hah.

Enjoy some pictures...

Gracie fishing

The kids fishing at the pond during the reunion.

Lillies at the pond.  Beautiful how they open up every day.

Sand Candles!  So cool...mine in the light blue on the left.

Some of the kids when we were leaving the creek.

Beautiful picture at the meadow.  Courtesy of Emma (the girl from the above picture)

Diamond Lake, where we went fishing

Some of the fishermen.

Love,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment