Monday, June 25, 2012

So my mom wants me to update my blog more so here ya go mama :) This week was wonderful.  Wednesday we harvested bags for the last time for a few weeks.  She's taking a break because of her family reunion.  We've also been gradually cleaning up/decorating for that.  Friday, I got to go to three parties!  The first one was a ladies party that Sara and her friends have every month.  This time it was a lunch/bbq.  We went to a house and the woman had such a good garden.  The fence was decorated with rad signs and old farm tools.  The second party was a surprise birthday party at a horse arena.  That was pretty cool; the one horse wouldn't let me pet him because he kept trying to nibble my hand ha but he was beautiful.  I met one of their relatives who was just so lovely and I had a nice talk with her.  After that, we went to a wedding that Sara and supplied the flowers for.  This wedding was magical...lights hanging on trees and across the area, with flowers in bottles, candles floating in water in mason jars, and everybody dressed like free spirits.  I continue to meet people who tell me how lucky I am to get to spend my summer with the Hammonds.  I'm really happy because I feel blessed to get to work it.  It's been magical since the first day.

Funny story...so I have a huge bright pink suitcase.  I originally got it for 2 reasons.  One..I was more girly then, and two...I knew I wouldn't have a problem finding it when flying haha.  So, Steve and I are chatting about me showing up with this pink suit case and naturally thinking, what is this girl gonna be like?  And then for some reason I was emailing Sara before about books being sent to her before I got there, which now I see is funny but anyway so there's two initial thoughts they kind of had about me.  We laughed about how I wasn't quite what he thought.  Right when we got here, I helped unload her car and carried a sac of chicken feed and he was like...alright, cool.  I guess most people don't do that right away but I'm glad I was helpful right away.  I'm also glad I changed their initial idea of me with this suitcase haha. 
Anyway, their old friend came yesterday and they went on a mini drive today to do stuff, so I worked in the garden myself.  I picked the last of the snow peas and then took them out for new plants, hoed between some rows with the weeds were about to call it home, and weeded in one of the greenhouses.  It's been a peaceful day.  I got to spend the day with Hobbes...

No comments:

Post a Comment