Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 1

Hey there again,

This week has been relaxing and hardworking.  We did some more gardening...transplanting, direct seeding, weeding, and harvesting for the CSA.  I went with Sara on Wednesday for the deliveries.  It was really nice.  Since people were probably at work, we left the bags (reusable bags) at their house, sometimes inside and play time with a dog, and maybe took last week's bag and money back with us.  One stop was at a convenience store behind the counter, where the person picks it up.  We got to chat with one of the members, and their neighbors, who all were lovely and friendly people.  

Last night I made homemade pizza dough and we all had a yummy dinner...whole food diet haha.  I say that because we watched Forks Over Knives the other night and it promoted a more plant-based diet.  Afterwards, we roasted this dough that Angela made over a fire outside.  It was pretty yummy.  

I've had a lot of time to read, on my second book already.  I am also learning a lot of little things here and there.  Overall, my experience is great, with much time for work, but also relaxing and socializing with everyone.  Anyway..here are some pictures to enjoy!

 Steve took Katie, Autumn, and I for a drive up the divide.  Although we didn't go all the way up, this is a view through the trees where we had lunch.
 the cute little Autumn
 here is the pond outside of their house
 this is the side of their house, which they made with some help from friends
 the walk out to the garden
 part of the garden, where squash and corn are growing right now
 one of the greenhouses
 my first elk siting!

...and finally, my room for the summer.  quite homey

No comments:

Post a Comment